The editorial board of Shakespeare Jahrbuch invites articles on the following topics:
• Shakespeare as a cultural/national hero
• Heroes and heroines in Shakespeare’s plays
• Heroism in Shakespeare’s plays
• Shakespearean anti-heroes
• Tragic and comic heroes/heroines
• Heroism and genre
• Shakespeare and the heroes of early modern England
• Shakespeare and (early modern, Romantic, Victorian, modern …) hero-worship
• Actors and actresses as heroes/heroines
• Heroes /heroines in Shakespeare adaptations
Shakespeare Jahrbuch, the Yearbook of the German Shakespeare Society, is a peer-reviewed journal. It offers contributions in German and English, scholarly articles, an extensive section of book reviews, and reports on Shakespeare productions in the German-speaking world.
Papers to be published in the Shakespeare Jahrbuch should be formatted according to our style sheet, which can be downloaded from the website of the German Shakespeare Society at http://shakespeare-gesellschaft.de/en/jahrbuch/note-on-submission.html.
Please send your manuscripts (of not more than 6,000 words) to the editor of the Shakespeare Jahrbuch, Prof. Dr. Sabine Schülting (email:email@example.com), by 31 March 2015.